A merry band of golfers and people, with similar mind sets, and objectives of: Having Fun, Friendship and Fierce Friendly Competition. A fantastic society, welcoming committee and keen and improving golfers.
We have at least 6 events (“Majors) per year, with a good selection of fine UK based courses – with one of the highlights being our annual journey (which up until this year )to our “motherland” Alhaurin Grande Golf course in Malaga Spain.
In addition to this, we have a seasoned winter pairs league and knock out competition, with the finalist playing at some of the top drawer courses in the UK (recent courses being The Shire GC, The Grove and Brockett Hal)- as well as our coveted Summer Singles knockout trophy.
And the key competitions that we all strive for…. Is our Order of Merit prize – in addition to our “Majors” in which points go towards representing the AGS in “Ryder Cup style” matches against rival societies.
UK venues that we have recently attended
– Foxhills, The Grove, Brockett Hall, Hanbury Manor, Leatherhead, Farleigh, Surrey National
– The Addington, Wildwood, London Shires, Luton Hoo, Woldingham, Tudor Park, Rusper
– The Belfry, Westerham, The London Club, East Sussex National (to name but a few)
AGS Management Committee
We Are AGS
Fun, Friendship and Fierce, Friendly Competition
That first trip brought about some “interesting Golf”, some exquisite dining – but more importantly, particularly with the cuts we are hoping
To promote and foster FUN, FRIENDLY AND FIERCE COMPETITION and sportsmanship through the game of golf as governed by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, by organising and participating in several golfing and social events each calendar year.
Keep on remembering we’re just a bunch of like-minded fun loving chaps, embodying the original motto
Fun, Friends & Fierce Competition….
We were and must continue to remain unique and special… remember it’s the taking part that matters!! NO ITS NOT…. IT’S THE WINNING!!! Heh Heh Heh!
Each year we play an event for charity. In 2016 we played for Macmillan’s Longest Day Golf Challenge which…
Membership and the Society’s operating year shall run from July 1st to June 30th. All prospective members must be unanimously approved by the Committee and are only eligible to join the Society upon payment of the relevant subscription. Members receive the following benefits:
- Member rates for all events organised by the Society
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- The Right to be nominated for election to the Committee
- A society and CONGU equivalent handicap (NB the committee will be the final decision makers in relation to any handicap amendments)
- Winter League and Summer Single’s competitions will be for AGS members only.
- Any other benefits that may be made available by the Committee from time to time